- LNKD beat estimates, but guided lower and is currently being punished. Seems to be a theme so far this year. Not your 2013 market anymore.
- NFLX is up $4 due to an upgrade at the close.
- Tomorrow we find out if the SPY 181 call buyers were right (albeit maybe too early and will likely suffer the consequences). Perhaps that was them buying the 178’s yesterday knowing they were too far out. Or perhaps it’s degenerate gamblers going for the win. Here is a reminder of the open interest (does not have today’s trades updated – will tweet updated one later tonight).
- Based on the action today I am thinking that the next time we go lower (tomorrow or next week etc) we will put in a higher low and it will be a great buying opportunity for swing trades. But as you know predictions are pretty much worthless, so let’s just see what happens.
- Chart of the day: Watch this tomorrow. It had a very nice day and close.
- Tweet of the day: again no tweet got me to laugh.
Open Interest: These all expire tomorrow. They are NOT updated to the trades that took place today as those are not available yet. This is the open interest as of this morning.